2021 7th GCC Changsha Guitar Festival
International Guitar Composition Competition
Objective: The aim of this contest is to encourage composers to write for the guitar and to expand the repertoire for the instrument.
Rules and Regulations:
1. The 2021 edition of the competition requires an original composition for solo classical guitar. Duration of the composition is 6-8 minutes. Compositions submitted should never have been published or performed in a public concert, never played or posted on social networks or other media before the announcement of the winner in December.
2. This year’s composition competition requires entries to use the Xiangjiang River in Hunan Province, China, as reference, subject or background. The winning composition will be given the label “Changsha New Music Prize”. At the time of registration, all entries should include, in addition to the music score and recording, an introduction in either Chinese or English, to explain how the work relates to or expresses the subject of Xiangjiang River.
3. For the competitors, there is no restriction on nationalities and age. Each composer can submit more than one composition, but each piece should be submitted separately.
4. To apply, competitors have to send the following electronic files for each
piece they submit:
• A PDF version of the score. They must not contain any information or reference that might allow identification of the author. The score must display the title of the piece and a nickname, in addition to the approximate length of the piece.
• An introduction in Chinese or English to explain how this work relates to or expresses the subject of Xiangjiang River.
• A recording of the work which uses the selected nickname as the title of the electronic file. This recording should be in a standard electronic format such as MP3.
• A PDF file of the completed application form whose title should be the same as the nickname in the score.
International Guitar Composition Application Form: Download the form here.
Completed application package must have all of the following:
--Completed application form with signed declaration to verify the composition has never been published or performed before.
--A recent photo of the composer
--A copy of the payment document of the entry fee.
The four electronic files must be sent to the following email address by 1 December 2021: email@example.com.
In every case the date indicated by the email will be regarded as the time of posting.
Failure to observe any of the regulations published above may result in exclusion from this competition. All written material should be printed clearly in block letters and in one of the official languages of the competition (English/Chinese).
5. Each competitor is allowed to submit more than one composition for the competition. The registration fee for the 1st composition submitted is US$20, any subsequent compositions submitted by the same composer is US$15 each.
6. The competition will be adjugated by Chen Yi (US/China), Xia Yayu (China) and Kenneth Kwan (Hong Kong). Decisions by the judges are final and cannot be contested. The winning prizes cannot be further divided.
7. The result of the competition will be announced on the official website of the GCC Changsha Guitar Festival on 15 December 2021 (Beijing time).
8. Competitors’ applications will be deemed as unconditional acceptance of the rules and regulations cited here.
9. In the event of any disagreement or difference of opinion concerning the rules, the only valid text will be the present announcement in English.
HOW TO PAY
The registration fee for the 1st composition submitted is US$20, any subsequent compositions submitted by the same composer is US$15 each
When making a payment, please indicate your name in the “remark” column.
1. Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. WeChat or alipay:
3. Bank transfer
Account: 4305 0186 3636 0000 2469
Beneficiary name: Hunan Xiande Culture Communication Co. Ltd
Bank of deposit: China Construction Bank of Jiefang Middle Road sub branch of Changsha
The above fees will not be refunded
Tel: +86 731-8517 7877
+86 731-8967 6578
1.The Changsha New Music Prize is a cash prize of US$2,000.
2.The winning composition will be published by the biggest guitar publisher in the world, Les Productions d’Oz or Les Editions Doberman-Yppan, under their normal commercial arrangements for composers.
3.The winning composition will be performed by winner of the Changsha International Guitar Competition at the 2022 Changsha Guitar Festival.
Note：1.All prize money is pre-tax.
2.The GCC organizing committee of the art festival reserves the right of final interpretation.